Wednesday, March 4, 2009

my name is....

I'm Ma. Joana Patt R Ramas, 19 years old..



With how I got my name as a topic, it's like telling a story of our ancestors. So I'd like to make it brief..

Ma. - Ofcourse youve already met people with the same "Maria" written only as "Ma.". Our mom told us before that my older sister was almost refused to be baptized by the priest thinking that her name is anything but Christian. Her name is EDGHIE (ed-ji) from my dad's Eddie and my mom's Gemma with her nickname Ghie. So to avoid protesting priests, my parents made sure to include Mary's name in their second daughter's first name.


Joana - this part will start to be embarassing. My grandmother's mom, or mom's grand mother, or my GREAT GRAND MOTHER's name is Juana. So....I guess there's no need for further explanation.



Patt - like my second first name my parent's may have lost a touch of a little creativity. His Grandmother, my obviously great grand mother's name is PATRICIA. So they took the Pat, add another "T"..HUWALA!! the name Patt.


So there isn't much mystery on my name.

but you know what? even if your name is common it's up to you to make it loud.. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment